Who we are:
Bought By Many is making the world a better place for pet parents. We create unique, quality pet insurance driven by data-insights and award-winning service, to help owners take care of their pet’s health.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. We raised over £78m in our last fundraise in April 2020.
Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
In the UK, we are based in Farringdon (London), Haywards Heath (West Sussex), and Birmingham (Midlands). We’re in Stockholm in Sweden and we’re about to take the US by storm. Throughout the business, you’ll meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
As our business grows, so does our CX team. It’s an exciting time for us and we’re looking for a CX Comms Lead, reporting to our Head of CX. You will work on a wide range of customer communications initiatives. Everything from comms journey mapping and planning, to being the custodian of our tone of voice to writing the comms our customers hear and read every day; what makes it ‘feel’ like Bought By Many.
This role will suit someone who is used to working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, where change is constant and flexibility is vital. We are also a regulated business, so you will need to be comfortable switching between ensuring a compliant environment, whilst creating engaging and emotional connections with our customers and people.
- You will be the custodian of our Bought By Many Tone of Voice. You will be accountable for lovingly maintaining it whilst working with key stakeholders to continuously ensure it’s fit for purpose.
- You will (indirectly / dotted line) lead a cohort of Tone of Voice champions across the business and be responsible for training and supporting them.
- You will own the overall customer comms journeys across the organisation and work with marketing, CX, operations and tech to ensure the individual comms journey a customer gets is joined up, personalised and effective.
- You will work closely with marketing on customer contact strategy and ensuring content is joined up between marketing (pre sale) and operations (post sale) comms
- You will work closely with the tech teams on customer resources on our website including everything from education or regulatory content to the online help centre.
- You will oversee the functionality for all operational customer communications and will personally write a large number of the core documents. You will support the champions to create others and edit / review where necessary.
- You will work closely with our tech squads who own functionality for online customer processes (such as quote & buy or my account area where customers can make changes or view documents and claims info) and oversee copy and content ensuring that customers are experiencing a journey that works for their needs.
- You will work closely with the operational teams (sales, servicing, renewals, claims) through the champions to ensure tone of voice is embedded in all speaking / writing and individual one-off personalised customer comms.
- You will have accountability for the content and journey flow of all our telephony messaging, working closely with the tech operations team to always keep this tip top.
- And last but by no means least you will be a key member of the CX leadership team and bring fun, ideas and challenge to our already lively group!
What leads to success:
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- You will have worked in a fast-paced environment in either internal or external comms, marketing, CX, agency or an operational role where writing for customers was a large part of your job.
- You are an excellent writer and will have had written a variety of comms for different types of audiences.
- You will have delivered communications in innovative and engaging ways through a variety of mediums and channels.
- You will have worked with varied stakeholder groups delivering complex projects / pieces of work; preferably in a regulated environment.
- You can demonstrate an understanding of how communications link to customer engagement, satisfaction and organisational success.
- You have a strong understanding of the role a CX team plays in creating a customer focussed culture.
- Quality is second nature to you, and you take pride in attention to detail.
- You are a strategic thinker who can see the big picture of how communications tie an organisation together internally with each other and externally with customers.
- You are clear on how to take accountability for delivery in an environment that is ever changing and where you often must set your own outcomes.
- You have exceptional organisational skills and can balance priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You can balance the need for compliance and regulation with the personality and emotional depth needed for great customer communications.
- Ideally, you’ve worked with dynamic customer comms platforms (scheduled comms, personalised campaigns) and operational communications tools (call centre comms, online help centres, telephony systems).
Our company and work culture are energetic, fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and, most importantly, passionate about pets and their well-being.
Our offices are bright and open with plenty of treats and extras, and we provide practical support and good kit for homeworking.
We are a connected and sociable business and like to spend time together in regular fun activities, both online and in person (when we can!).
We dare to think big. We can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Join us on the journey to get there and bring you, your unique self to Bought By Many.
And finally – we’ve outlined the main areas of focus in this role, but as a high-growth organisation, it’s not intended to be a complete list of all duties and as we grow it will probably develop with the evolution of the business – as you will personally.
Location: London, Haywards Heath, Birmingham
Vacancy close date: 21/06/2021