As an experienced and well-rounded UX/UI designer, you’ll work with the design team and key stakeholders to deliver our products and services across all digital touch points. Working on responsive sites and native apps, you’ll contribute to the development of key interactive experiences and flows that are consistent across our brand.
- Take ownership of one or more parts of the user experience: mapping user journeys and designing interactions and interfaces.
- Participate in and design user experience research and usability studies.
- Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts as well as help drive the understanding and importance of UX across the organisation.
- Execute against multiple workstreams in a fast-paced, environment and deliver strategically sound, conceptually-based, iconic experiences.
- Deliver exceptionally beautiful, pixel-perfect designs across our digital touch points for all phases of visual UI and interactive design work from concept through to live.
- Create and share documentation of UX progress, updates and findings within the team and across the organisation.
- Utilise and evolve the principles, patterns and styles in our digital style guidelines and components library so that they remain up to date.
- Work across all functional areas and collaborate daily with designers, product owners and developers to deliver digital experiences.
- Can deliver exceptionally beautiful, pixel-perfect designs across our digital touch points for all phases of visual UI and interactive design work from concept through to live.
- Able to execute against multiple workstreams in time and to required deadlines.
- Relevant experience as a well-rounded UX/UI professional who is used to marrying customer needs, business needs, innovation and good design.
- Outstanding design portfolio showcasing your talent on web and mobile including responsive design and native app examples.
What Leads to Success
- Strong working knowledge of and passion for interaction and user-centred experience design, including comprehensive awareness of new platforms and technologies.
- Up-to-date with current design trends and usability best practice.
- Responsive design and native app experience.
- Able to produce high and low fidelity UX wireframes.
- Can demonstrate strong prototyping skills, and user flows.
- Able to think outside the box in order to solve problems.
- Be the ‘eyes of the customer’ and balance customers’ needs with business requirements while considering technical constraints.
- Think ‘mobile first’ in applying design across multiple devices (mobile, desktop, tablet).
- Proficient in industry standard software such as Abode Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Figma, Invision and Zeplin. – Good eye across typography, layout, composition and craft. Excellent conceptualising skills and a key eye for detail.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate complex interaction design concepts at all levels.
- Good relationship building skills and a naturally collaborative style.
Our company and work culture are energetic, fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and, most importantly, passionate about pets and their well-being.
Our offices are bright and open with plenty of treats and extras, and we provide practical support and good kit for homeworking. We are a connected and sociable business and like to spend time together in regular fun activities, both online and in person (when we can!). We also have some amazing benefits.
We dare to think big. We can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Join us on the journey to get there and bring you, your unique self to Bought By Many.
And finally – we’ve outlined the main areas of focus in this role, but as a high-growth organisation, it’s not intended to be a complete list of all duties and as we grow it will probably develop with the evolution of the business – as you will personally.
Location: London, Haywards Heath, or Birmingham
Vacancy close date: 04/06/2021