Who we are
Bought By Many is making the world a better place for pet parents. We create unique, quality pet insurance driven by data-insights and award-winning service, to help owners take care of their pet’s health.
We’re proud to be driving unprecedented change in insurance and have doubled our revenues annually for the last 4 years with more ambitious growth still to come. We raised over £78m in our last fundraise in April 2020.
Award-winning innovative technology and exceptional customer service are at the heart of our offer: we now rank 30th on the Tech Track 100 (2020) and we won the Insurance Choice Awards (2020) for both Best Pet Insurance Provider and Innovation of the Year.
In the UK, we are based in Farringdon (London), Haywards Heath (West Sussex), and Birmingham (Midlands). We’re in Stockholm in Sweden and we’re about to take the US by storm. Throughout the business, you’ll meet people who think differently, aim for impact, and love to try new things.
As an Instructional Designer you will be responsible for designing and implementing digital learning solutions in a Customer Support context and providing respective MI reporting. The job involves creating digital solutions such as conversational bots and FAQ content to help our Customer Support Executives to meet KPIS and exceptional Customer Service delivery.
- Liaise with subject matter experts, trainers and stakeholders to determine learning requirements.
- Develop technical training for the systems used by Customer Support Executives in their day-to-day jobs to help improve their productivity levels through ease of use.
- Design digital content, self-study packs, assessments, videos and training resources on customer service systems to be used by Customer Service Executives via our learning platform FUSE.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and Help Centre content in line with business needs.
- Produce and manage MI reporting for learning content to constantly improve standards of customer service.
- Evaluate courses and digital learning processes and strengthen our ability to assess learning outcomes.
- Introduce new thinking and innovation for learning content and design.
- Quality and Quantity of technical training developed that results in measurable improvements in customer service.
- Capacity to deliver to BBM standards shown by improvements in process adherence metrics and reporting.
- Continuous improvements in standard of training which deliver measurable efficiencies for Customer Support Executives.
- Ability to translate information provided into high standard technical training.
- Fluency in current learning technology and systems.
- Strong understanding of the value and impact of training provided.
- Familiar with instructional design models such as Addie Model or Merrill’s principles or similar.
- Maintains own professional and technical knowledge.
- Company operational procedures and guidelines – desirable.
What Leads to Success
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Skilled in designing and developing a range of training content (including standard operational procedures).
- Excellent written and verbal English. Able to articulate learning content in understandable and meaningful ways relevant for the audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical ability and numeracy.
- Accurate and insightful MI/data analysis and reporting.
- Microsoft competency: Intermediate Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Advance Outlook. •
- Ability to think logically with demonstratable problem solving skills.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- Growth mindset – always looking for ways to improve current way of working.
- Experience in learning platforms and comfortable with adaptation to both new and different systems.
- Experience in designing digital training, such as conversational bots, standard operational procedures, and articles.
- Familiar with systems such as WalkMe, Zendesk. Familiarity with FUSE is a bonus.
- Has previously managed the delivery of approved concepts through to final deliverables, ensuring all material were delivered on time and to specification.
Our company and work culture are energetic, fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and, most importantly, passionate about pets and their well-being.
Our offices are bright and open with plenty of treats and extras, and we provide practical support and good kit for homeworking. We are a connected and sociable business and like to spend time together in regular fun activities, both online and in person (when we can!). We also have some amazing benefits.
We dare to think big. We can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Join us on the journey to get there and bring you, your unique self to Bought By Many.
And finally – we’ve outlined the main areas of focus in this role, but as a high-growth organisation, it’s not intended to be a complete list of all duties and as we grow it will probably develop with the evolution of the business – as you will personally.
Location: London, Haywards Heath, or Birmingham
Vacancy close date: 21/06/2021