Who we are:
Bought By Many is making the world a better place for pet parents. We create unique, quality pet insurance cover, coupled with award-winning service and digital experience, to help you take care of your pet’s health.
Founded in 2012, we launched market-leading pet insurance policies with the mission to create a better kind of insurance experience for pet owners. We have appeared in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 for the last three years and now look after more than 350,000 pets in the UK and Sweden.
Pet owners love that we’re not like other insurers, and voted us Best Pet Insurance Provider at the 2020 Insurance Choice Awards and the Moneyfacts Consumer Awards 2021. Our cover, claims and digital experience receive thousands of 5-star reviews too. We’ve grown rapidly, upscaled our technology, operations and products to lead our industry and meet unprecedented growth in the world of pets.
We’re now set to take our view on pet health and wellbeing to new heights. Will you join us for the journey?
As our first Learning & Development Lead, you will be reporting to the Chief People Officer working collaboratively with all teams, providing learning support to the organisation. We want every one of our employees to bring their best selves to work in a values driven environment. Your role will be to enable our incredible employees to join, grow and thrive within a curious, driven and fast paced environment.
The role requires expertise in a variety of Learning and development tools in line with a modern, fast-paced remote first-hybrid based team. Identifying creative solutions for delivery, which blend face to face learning with web and mobile will be key to success.
- Designing, developing and supporting the execution of a learning and development roadmap for our team that aligns with the future skills needed and which will make the biggest impact on driving individual, team and business performance.
- Creating a coaching led culture with an open mindset, developing coaching and mentoring programmes across the organisation.
- Embedding our values into every aspect of L&D to really bring to life the culture that we are striving to create at BBM.
- Partnering with the CPO and people team to design and deliver a simple and effective performance management approach, ensuring that learning opportunities are developed from career led conversations
- Designing, developing and implementing a framework to support management and leadership development globally
- Working alongside the team and key managers and leaders, creating a strong feedback loop to advise the development of future programmes in line with the evolving needs of BBM/ManyPets.
- Identifying high calibre external partners to support and scale the Learning, Development and Education strategy. Negotiating contracts, tracking budgets and ensuring that our L&D budget is maximised to provide first class learning opportunities.
- Partnering with IT and external providers to ensure that the necessary technology platforms are in place to support the learning and development strategy and roadmap
- Delivering high quality engaging communication in an integrated way We operate in a regulated environment – you will need to ensure that we are delivering our work to the highest standards, tracking CPD, ensuring that compliance related training is delivered in an effective, engaging and measurable way.
- Ensuring effective measurement of all programmes – we want to make sure that we can measure what we are designing and delivering.
- Identifying a dashboard of relevant metrics which will hold us accountable for driving performance and behaviours throughout the organisation.
- Working with the People team to develop and run the marketing and communications of new learning programmes to the business.
- Provide other key stakeholders with timely updates and other relevant information.
- Supporting with ad hoc projects and proactively suggesting ideas for continuous improvement to the Learning & Development and offering.
- CIPD or equivalent qualification preferable or, significant demonstrable experience working in an equivalent role.
- Learning and Development experience gained within a similar sector; online, digital, media consumer, B2C, financial service.
- Subject matter expertise in L&D leadership for an International fast growing and dynamic workforce.
- Up to date knowledge of emerging trends and best practices of companies in our space.
- Proven and demonstrable skills in leadership development and programme delivery
What leads to success
- You’ll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact across all levels of the organisation.
- You’re happy to be hands on as you won’t have a team to lean on.
- You have a flexible style, able to adapt to different types of learner, functions and levels throughout the business.
- You will have been exposed to change management.
- You have a curiosity to find out about external trends and emerging practices within the learning and development field.
- You are incredibly organised, used to working at a very fast pace and juggling many different tasks and projects, whilst at the same time ensuring impeccable attention to detail.
- You’re proactive and see what needs to be done You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy changeable environments where you can implement creative and innovative ideas.
- You are able to act with confidence in a high-performance culture, instilling trust in everyone you interact with, delivering well thought through solutions.
- You can turn your hand to most things and if you don’t know the answer you are tenacious in finding out.
- You have an ability to build relationships with people, you put them at ease and create understanding.
- You enjoy spending time with people and have a strong sense of empathy.
- You are an effective advisor and coach, you enjoy working closely with teams to develop their skills and enhance team performance
Our company and work culture are energetic, fast-paced, respectful, fun-loving and, most importantly, passionate about pets and their well-being. Our offices are bright and open with plenty of treats and extras, and we provide practical support and good kit for homeworking. We are a connected and sociable business and like to spend time together in regular fun activities, both online and in person (when we can!).
We dare to think big. We can only do that if we have a wonderful array of different people with different lived experiences and backgrounds, bringing their whole self to work every day. Join us on the journey to get there and bring you, your unique self to Bought By Many.
And finally – you should be comfortable within a degree of ambiguity as we continually adapt to a growing and evolving business. The team is growing and learning together, adapting and flexing to the needs of the business and people. We’ve outlined the main areas of focus in this role, but as a high-growth organisation, its not intended to be a complete list of all duties and as we grow it will develop as you will personally with the evolution of the business.
Location: UK (Remote with 1-2 days a month in one of Bought By Many’s UK offices)
How to apply: Please apply via https://boughtbymany.applytojob.com/apply/u3uiyqSqoZ/Learning-Development-Lead?source=Insuretech+UK