This role is a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced full-stack developer to join a startup in the exciting early days and be instrumental in shaping up the company. Rnwl is an Insurtech applying machine learning to insurance. You’ll be joining a fun driven team with a sense of purpose and on a mission to have an impact in the world. We’re here to make Rnwl a great tech company and have fun in the process!
– Location: Remote and/or Cambridge, UK
– Start: ASAP
– Vacancies: One position available
– Type: Full time, permanent
– Salary: £40k to £70k + options (depending on the level of experience)
– Role: Senior full-stack developer
What we are looking for
Rnwl is a new Insurtech startup in Cambridge founded by serial entrepreneur Goncalo de Vasconcelos (founder of Fintech success story SyndicateRoom). As such, you will have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to join a company at a stage when your opinion impacts the most and your decisions will add the most value.
You must have a can-do attitude and be highly proactive at looking for pragmatic solutions to the problems you will encounter daily.
You will be part of the team leading the entire tech solution behind Rnwl. The team is responsible for the very slick and highly user-friendly front-end, the powerful but robust and efficient back-end, the mobile app development and the machine learning unique project.
You will report to the Head of Engineering. However, you’ll find that our friendly and helpful culture means you will be working directly with everybody across the organisation, from the CEO to temporary contractors.
You will be heavily involved with developing Rnwl’s front-end and back-end technology. Depending on your skills and appetite for innovation, you may well find yourself involved in developing the proprietary machine learning technology at the core of Rnwl’s unique offering to customers.
You may also get involved with some or all of these projects
– App development, either native or React Native
– NLP and/or machine learning
– Managing AWS deployment
– Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
– Very high standard of work
– Pragmatic solution-seeking attitude
– Ability to work independently and under own initiative
– Willingness to communicate and contribute ideas to a small team
– Fun to work with
– Experience in API design and development
– Experience using a modern UI framework (React)
– Experience using a relational database (MySQL)
– An understanding of good UI/UX design
Nice to have experience
– Micro services architecture
Our tech stack
Our technology stack is flexible as we lay the company’s foundations. Your role will be pivotal when making decisions about the technology we use.
As it stands, our setup is:
– React JS and Bootstrap for our front-end web app
– Node JS (ExpressJS) to build micro-service APIs
– MySQL to store application data
– Docker containers to deploy micro-services on AWS
– React Native for our cross-platform mobile app
Rnwl is an Insurtech still in stealth mode founded by serial entrepreneur Goncalo de Vasconcelos. Although most of us are based in Cambridge, we operate remotely. We meet up in Cambridge for social events and collaborative sessions once a month. This includes overnight stays for non-Cambridge based employees. It’s a great opportunity to have fun, learn and share ideas with the team.
Location: UK (remote)
Vacancy close date: 28/05/2021
How to apply: Send a CV and short cover letter on why you would want to join Rnwl to jobs@Rnwl.co. Strictly no agencies